The Infirmary, Macclesfield

Woven by Spurcroft Ltd, Macclesfield

Reference Number:-  
osc 10  
 

view of the infirmary buildings
the image of this picture was kindly donated by Gillian Birch, Macclesfield.
 
Woven on silk:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
woven view of the infirmary
 
 
 
 
 
 
       
The Infirmary, Macclesfield
 
Size:
Of Card mount: 25.0cm deep by 29.5cm wide
Of Silk picture: 14.9cm deep by 19.4cm wide
Comments:
On the reverse is a label confirming the weavers to be " SPURCROFT " and a second label giving the picture title and words describing the context:
 
 
 
label on reverse confirming the picture was woven by SPURCROFT
 
label on reverse of this picture
 
 
label on reverse with picture title and background information
 
label on reverse of this picture
 
 
 
 
 
The Macclesfield Infirmary.
 
 
 
Opened by Lord Egerton of Tatton in 1872,
The Macclesfield Infirmary was built entirely from voluntary
contributions by the people of Macclesfield.
Sainsburys now stands on the site formerly occupied by the
hospital.

 
 
 
WOVEN By Spurcroft Ltd. 1993.
 
 
 

Back to List of Spurcroft Ltd woven pictures
Back to List of Other Weavers

This page was created on 22 November 2018
new improved image added 12 March 2019 © Peter Daws
Web site address: www.stevengraph-silks.com