|Reference Number:-||Godden Number:-||Sprake Number:-||Radley Number:-|
|gc 821-fcc||not recorded||No Postcards listed by Sprake||not listed|
Woven on Silk:-
[image of Killarney's Lake]
music and words:
BY KILLARNEY'S LAKES AND FELLS E'MRALD ISLES AND WINDING BAYS
Printed at bottom of card:-
cm wide by cm deep
This 1920 Christmas card comprises a double width folded card, with a postcard type front, with insert silk of Killarney, with a plain back. Inserted into the card, and held in place by a silk ribbon and bow, is a folded paper with printing on the two inside faces.
The card is from Mr and Mrs W.H. Grant, during his period as Mayor, and with the same address used on all their Christmas cards from 1920. This was the first Christmas card issued after the First World War, and in 1921 onwards the cards were from Alderman & Mrs WH Grant. This style remained until the last card in 1930, as Grant died in December 1931.