|Reference Number:-||Godden Number:-||Sprake Number:-||Radley Number:-|
|gc 820-fcc||972||No Postcards listed by Sprake||not listed|
Woven on Silk:-
[image of Killarney's Lake]
music and words:
BY KILLARNEYS LAKES AND FELLS E'MRALD ISLES AND WINDING BAYS
Printed at bottom of card:-
cm wide by cm deep
This 1913 Christmas card comprises a folded card, with a postcard type front, with insert silk of Killarney, with a plain back. Inserted into the card, and held in place by a silk ribbon and bow, is a folded paper with printing on the two inside faces.
The card is from Mr and Mrs W.H. Grant, the same address used on all their Christmas cards until 1914. In 1920 it was The Mayor & Mayoress (Councillor & Mrs WH Grant), and in 1921 it became Alderman & Mrs WH Grant, a style that was retained until 1930.